|Job title||Communications Manager|
|Reports to||Pam Goldsmith-Jones, M.P.|
To lead the Member of Parliament’s communications strategy, act as a local resource and collaborate with team members in the constituency as well as on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.
Duties and responsibilities
The Communications Manager works from our Horseshoe Bay office:
- Social media handling and monitoring of the MP’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube accounts.
- Graphic design of advertisements and promotional content.
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to promote the MP’s stances.
- Writing and coordinating e-mail and mail outreach efforts for events.
- Writing and designing the MP’s newsletter.
- Website management.
- Photography and video editing.
- Community outreach and event planning.
- Drafting of News Releases and Media Advisories.
- Media outreach and coordination.
- Staffing MP at local events and meetings or attending on her behalf as required.
- Liaising with various Departments on riding actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Communications Manager deals with a wide variety of issues and situations, thus needs to be flexible and highly adaptable. The individual must be professional, approachable and trustworthy.
- University degree and/or other areas of study would be an important asset, especially a specialization in communications.
- Experience with other levels of government or business would also be an asset
- General knowledge of government, current affairs, politics and world events.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel, Word.
- Ability to research and problem-solve independently.
- Ability to anticipate team and executive needs and work collaboratively.
- Experience with high pressure environments.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to stay on-message.
Today, constituency offices are balancing seven core functions: to provide service and assistance in dealing with government departments, to engage the public, maintain a presence in the community, provide informal counseling on personal and professional matters, act as mediators between interests, collate local opinion, and advocate to each level of government on matters concerning specific individuals and the community-at-large.
Salary and benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
To submit your application
Interested individuals should submit their resume along with a presentation letter by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
We will only respond to those applicants chosen for interview.
Deadline to submit your application is Friday October 12th, 2018.