|Job title||Constituency Assistant – Casework and Engagement|
|Reports to||Pam Goldsmith-Jones, M.P.|
To support the MP in the riding of West Vancouver—Sunshine Coast—Sea to Sky Country by acting as a resource and service representative for constituents, and collaborate with team members in community engagement and communications support.
Duties and responsibilities
As a point of contact for visitors, the constituency assistant works in our Horseshoe Bay office and also in the community, providing client service.
- Meet with individuals who have case files with any of the federal government ministries, offering support, status updates, and mediation.
- Engage with stakeholders and individuals in the community to connect with government officials.
- Working closely with our Communications Manager to maximize community engagement.
- Keep MP up to date on news and casework issues in riding.
- Organize and attend community meetings and gatherings with MP.
- Triage incoming requests for MP meetings, speaking engagements, to appropriate team member
- Communicate with team members to connect between Parliament Hill and riding offices.
- Respond to email and phone inquiries.
The Constituency Assistant – Casework Specialist deals with a wide variety of issues and situations, thus needs to be flexible and highly adaptable. The individual must be professional, approachable and trustworthy.
- University degree and/or other areas of study would be an important asset, especially a specialization in social work and/or a business experience.
- Experience with other levels of government or business would also be an asset
- General knowledge of government, current affairs, politics, world events and people’s skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Ability to research and problem-solve independently.
- Ability to empathize and deal professionally with people in emotionally-charged states.
- Ability to anticipate team and executive needs and work collaboratively.
- Experience with high pressure environments.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to stay on-message.
Today, constituency offices are balancing seven core functions: to provide service and assistance in dealing with government departments, to engage the public, maintain a presence in the community, provide informal counseling on personal and professional matters, act as mediators between interests, collate local opinion, and advocate to each level of government on matters concerning specific individuals and the community-at-large.
Salary and benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
To submit your application
Interested individuals should submit their resume along with a presentation letter by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com, to the attention of Alexandre Mattard-Michaud, Chief of Staff.
We will respond to those applicants chosen for interview.
Deadline to submit your application is Friday February 16th, 2018.