Do you have a keen interest in public service and public policy, and want to join a dynamic team? This is an exciting opportunity. Apply to join our team whose mandate is to support Pam Goldsmith-Jones, your Member of Parliament. See description below for more information…
|Job title||Constituency Assistant – West Vancouver and the Sea to Sky Corridor|
|Reports to||Pam Goldsmith-Jones, Member of Parliament|
|Type||Part-time or full-time employment|
To support the Member of Parliament, act as a resource for constituents and collaborate with team members in the constituency as well as in Ottawa.
Duties and responsibilities
As a point of contact for constituents in the communities in West Vancouver and along the Sea to Sky Corridor, the Constituency Assistant works mainly from a home-based office and in the community providing client service and a personal touch on behalf of the MP. From time to time, as required, the Constituency Assistant may work in the constituency office, located in West Vancouver.
- Maintains effective and positive communications in the Corridor, on behalf of our team and MP.
- Promotes community programming and community meetings throughout the Corridor.
- Acts as outreach to the community, communicating messages on behalf of the MP and offering information about government programs and assistance available.
- Keeps the MP up to date on issues in the specific communities.
- Communicates with local authorities as requested.
- Provides guidance to constituents on public policy matters.
- Acts as a liaison between residents and our MP.
- Meets with stakeholders and individuals who want to be connected to our MP.
- Attends community meetings and gatherings with MP or on the MP’s behalf.
- Triages incoming requests for MP meetings, speaking engagements, etc. to the appropriate team member.
- Communicates with team members to enable cohesive contact between the Hill and the riding.
- Responds to email and phone inquiries.
- Recommends scheduling priorities for the Corridor.
- Maintains correspondence file: Manages an email account, disseminates messages to the appropriate person, responds to Corridor inquiries.
- Works with the team to coordinate and prepare for meetings, events, drafting agendas and broader communication, ordering and setting up food and beverages for Corridor meetings and events.
The Constituency Assistant deals with a wide variety of issues and situations, thus needs to be flexible and highly adaptable. They must appear professional and capable, approachable and trustworthy and be committed to contributing to a respectful work environment.
Qualifications and skills include:
- Generalized business experience is required.
- A university degree.
- Other assets include: general interest in government, current affairs, politics, and world events and experience with other levels of government.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and social media.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to empathize and deal professionally with people.
- Experience with high pressure environments and coping under pressure while remaining adaptable, flexible, composed and professional.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral and ability to stay on-message and strong people-skills.
- Ability to anticipate team and executive needs and work collaboratively.
Salary and benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will depend on full-time or part-time hiring. We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
To submit your application
Interested individuals should submit their resume along with a presentation letter by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com, to the attention of Alexandre Mattard-Michaud, Chief of Staff.
We will respond to those applicants chosen for interview.
Deadline to submit your application is Friday November 17th, 2017.